Recent research suggests looking at cute things can improve performance. We figure it’s worth a shot!
Resolve to put Whole Brain® Thinking to work for you in the new year by spending some time outside your thinking comfort zones. Remember, if you aren’t just a little uncomfortable, you probably aren’t learning!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Clearly define work goals for next quarter.
- Use logic in your decision making.
- (Re-)organize your filing system and/or your desk.
- Plan out a project in detail and follow through with it.
- Spontaneously recognize another employee in a way that is personal and meaningful for them.
- Be aware of your non-verbal communication and make it friendlier—smile, be relaxed.
- Set aside time for idea generation, and think of at least one “crazy” idea per day.
- In your “mind’s eye” (with eyes closed), imagine your organization ten years from now.
You have access to your entire brain, so use it! Happy New Year from all of us at Herrmann International